WTB: 03-06 Dodge Durango 4.7L v8 Engine

whazoo84

Need one for my 03' Durango. For some fucking reason there was a major engine problem that was never recalled with these engines and now mine decided to drop a valve while going down the highway.

I'm tilted but fuck me, I need another.

If anyone's near New York and has one, please PM me.

Unless you're capable of machining everything yourself the jasper really isn't a bad deal, having machine work done is really expensive.

And you have no warranty if you do the rebuild yourself.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Unless you're capable of machining everything yourself the jasper really isn't a bad deal, having machine work done is really expensive.

And you have no warranty if you do the rebuild yourself.

Yeah but I'm certified in engine repair and rebuilding :P.

Just that obviously takes hours of time, honing cylinders and machining the deck of the block = lots of time and no fun (machining oil gets EVERYWHERE and takes forever to clean up).

I know you can use WD40 for the hone, but ehhhhhhhhhhhh that's not really proper.

The thing I'm worried about is if the valve dropped and ruined the head or gets stuck in the head.

Or if the camshaft has retained damage, the metal shavings didn't look like they contained any brass, so I don't think they came from the crankshaft :L.

But whatever, I'll figure it out. I know Jasper engines are the shit, but money is tight right now, as for all the industries I'm in, it's the slow season.

Archived