Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box design help!!!


Strokerjoe

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm guessing it's tuned to about 35 - 40 Hz depending on how much net volume there is

Posted

Like I said I'm on a phone so my math could be really jacked, but I'm getting something in the 50-51 hertz range. And my math didn't account for woofer displacement.

Posted

Nah, with a box that large it would be lower. 132.25 in^2 of port. I figure about 2 ft^3 for each 12. @ 7.5 in long that would be about 36Hz

Posted

I wouldn't say it's tuned too low. Depends on the subs and your taste in music/goals for the setup. What kind of music do you tend to listen to?

Posted

Then you'll probably want to be tuned about where you are if not a bit lower. Again, also depends on the driver itself. They most likely recommend it be tuned at 49Hz because that is when it will be loudest in their recommended box size. Problem with that is you'll likely see the response roll off pretty high and your cabin can only boost so much. This is good for listening to bass guitars or kick drums but most hip hop/rap have beats that go lower than that. If you really wanted to you could make a box with an adjustable port that way you could dial it in to what you want.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...