Second Skin Audio

Need help asap, back emf?

Me and my dad are looking for a bass amp and ive got a jl audio CP-212WOV3 that is a dual 12 inch subs that are 4 ohms each. Im using them for HT and i wired them in series and jl advises not to wire in series because it effects the sub and i said bull ******* **** and he emailed the engineers, and they said it causes a back emf problem which makes them not sound as good as well as distort more. Can someone confirm this crap? never ever heard of shouldn't wire in series because it makes distortion, and wiring in parallel is better but it will give me two ohms, which is sorta hard on a ht amplifier so the engineer at jl advises that i should power each sub seperately in 4 ohms with both channels of the amp , but i feel like that will sound odd and not work. any feedback? all apprreciated.

thanks

The T/S parameters might be slightly different. I would assume that the manufacturer knows what they are talking about. That being said, I would try it anyway to see how it sounds. I have tried different subs both ways and have not noticed a change in the sound. Maybe this sub is different. Only one way to find out.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived