Second Skin Audio

how to make my T2 15 sound awesome

Kiran1125

What vehicle, max dimensions to work with, amplifier, and voice coil configuration? That will be a good start to getting some help. Do you want someone to design it for you, or would you prefer to download software and try your own hand at it? How low is low to you? Music that is rebadged for sub-30hz? Or music that is unedited which is typically 30hz and higher?

well its dual 2 ohm didnt purchase an ampilfer as yet but looking at something that would give about 1500-2000 rms. We have about L 40 W 30 D 16 that the space we working with i dont mind if someone have or do a box design because it will be something i can use as a reference point when im trying to use the software myself because the main thing behind this is wanting to learn more. tuning freq i was thinking 35-39 hz anywhere between should match the type of music i listen too. by the way the vehicle is a nissan wagon 

here's a couple of free programs I use. Torres tuning calculator is good for giving you a reference for tuning, volume, and port area with the dimensions you plug into it. WinISD is good for modeling the output of the enclosure, but use the Torres tuning frequency/port length, not what WinISD shows. If you'd rather pay for one, there's bassbox pro, or if you delve into the depths of the Internet and know where to find paid software for free, you can probably get it for free. Bassbox pro will be much more accurate. 

Edit: I put your numbers in, and wasn't really able to get anything but a peak in output when tuned at 35. Maybe someone with a little more experience like JoeX or Triticum will pop in and give you a hand. WinISD didn't really care for RF's parameters on that sub.

Archived