Sundown Audio

looking for a good amp that puts out around 2400 watts rms at 1 ohm

YouWouldKnow

Hey I have 2 stroker subs... I have 2 of the STKR124 and I'm going to run them in parallel for a final 1 ohm impedance. So I was looking for a good amp that puts out about 2400 watts at 1 ohm. So far I have been looking at the: incriminator IA20.1, sundown's SCV-2000D, sound qubed's Q2200, Hifonics BRX2400.1, Rockford's T2500-1bdCP. I know these amps are a different price range but I am just curious on which amp would be worth it. I can get the Rockford T2500 for about a thousand but I still think that's a lot of money. So does anyone like any of these amps or any other amps?

So anyways does anyone know of a good amp to power my particular subs. Preferably a good quality one  that wouldn't blow my subs and that isn't too expensive?

1st thing I like to ask when helping people if they don't type it is a budget/price range. This way, it can be narrowed down or have a much larger selection, based on $$ avail.

That said, c an't go wrong with AQ, Twisted Sounds 2.8k or smaller, IA, Sundown, etc. Many great options here.

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

1st thing I like to ask when helping people if they don't type it is a budget/price range. This way, it can be narrowed down or have a much larger selection, based on $$ avail.

That said, c an't go wrong with AQ, Twisted Sounds 2.8k or smaller, IA, Sundown, etc. Many great options here.

So for price range I was thinking around 700, I'd rather spend less but I am also willing to spend more if it's worth the money. and okay I checked out some of the ones you mentioned and they look good. Any idea on my best option? and do you think I should get an amp that's over 2400, under 2400 or right at 2400 watts.

Refurbished  b stock with a warranty , best price for the power ( under rated rms ) if it's too much for whatever subs you have you can always turn the gain down a bit

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_45_82&products_id=141

this is my first build, i have been waiting 4-5 years to have this done

95 chevy 2 door tahoe 5.7

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Big 3 - all Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0ga/ knu Fuses an holders

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Stinger 4400 series RCAs and stinger volt meter

Fi Q NEO 18, 7.5 cubes tuned 32hz

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U

Kicker CSS 6.5 comp sets in front doors

Kicker KSC 4x10 coaxials in rear

GTMAT and FAT MAT deadner

Xenon 10k Blue HIDs

1 hour ago, boomintahoe said:

It wouldn't hurt if you went slightly over or at the 2400. Such as 2800 or even 3k.

My next question is do you have the electrical to back up that much power?

Okay cool, and ya I'm planning on a new alt and battery. Not sure which high output alt to get.... I've only heard of mechman

The guts have been rebuilt, it being "b stock " it will have minor sratches etc.

and you will definitely need some beefy electrical to get full potential out of this amp

google "singer alternators" he is a great guy and good customer service and pretty fast build time 

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U

GTMAT and FAT MAT deadner

Xenon 10k Blue HIDs

If you can find a fosgate amp at this wattage for this cheap then I would consider that, but I feel like the newer sundown amps are great on electrical draw and power for the price if you have ever seen someone put a sundown amp to an output test they are well underrated compared to there posted "rms" and db-r gives you a warranty and you are looking at getting a 900$ amp for 600 and idk anywhere else you will find those prices 

I have seen plenty of threads on hifonics amp drawing "a lot" of power and doing below rated rms ( I have never owned one) but I know they can be found at decent prices 

Xs power d3400

Singer 275amp alternator

Sundown SAE-1500d

Mbquart onyx OA800.4

Pioneer MVH-X690BS H/U