Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

GZRW 30XSPL-D2 Sub box


warwalker

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi, guys!

I'm kind of new to the car audio scene and i was wondering what would be best for my subwoofer, if anybody can help me i would apreciate it...

I'm thinking about building my own subwoofer enclosure but have never done it before, so what is best to begin with? An sealed or ported subwoofer box?

I'm linking my subwoofer specifications below, could anybody help me explain what i should do and why?

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/products/subwooferchassis/gzrw-30xspl-d2.html

Thanks a lot!

Posted

The driver can work with ported or sealed, in their recommended ported box the sub will sound peaky and loud and the box is tuned way high, I would not recommend that box for daily use, the larger sealed box recommendation would sound flat and fine but then to put a higher power sub in an inefficient enclosure type seems a little wasteful to me.

Posted

Well if you are using this for music I wouldn't recommend the 49Hz or so tuning they use in their box, on the size I wouldn't let the box peak above 5dB specially if you listen to all types of music.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 404 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...