Second Skin Audio

2015 chevy crew cab box help

Loudcivic

i have built my box for 4 8 inch sundown audio e8v5's. now my question is the port. i was gonna built a few different ports and try them. but i figured i would come post here for a little help. never been good with ports. been my battle my whole bass life lol. 

box is:

53 wide, 12.5 deep, 10 3/8 front height, 5 rear height. a little over 2 cubes. would like to be tuned 32 to 35hz

i know just on the small side for the subs but should be fine. nay help will be appreciated. thanks in advance

this pic the box is dry fitted for the most part. its now all glued and screwed.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Your box looks nicely done, the size is, too small unfortunately, if you factor in the driver displacement of all four subs you would be down to 1.6 cubic feet net, the only way to reach the minimum recommended internal volume of 2 net would be running external ports and reverse mounting the subs, not sure how you are going to make it happen, I would recommend staying sealed with that box and if you are not happy redesign the box so that the port and driver displacements can fit inside the box.

Archived