Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Sundown ZV5 10's

DJ Dat Boi

I am working on designing a box for a pair of Sundown ZV5 10's and need some help with the port design. I'm wanting to use an aero port since my trunk is very small, but I'm unsure as to whether I'm planning this out correctly. Sundown's website recommends 1.5ft^3 per sub, so I designed a 3.1ft^3 box (made it a little large so I could fit the aero port) with a 6" aero port that is 19.5" long, which brings the tuning to 32Hz. However, that means the port is only 9.1in^2 of port area per cube and 28.26in^2 of port area total. From what I have read, that's probably not enough port area, but if it would work with minimal loss, I can live with that. I plan on running them on 4500watts at .5ohm. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it

19 minutes ago, Joe X said:

A single 6" for those subs is not going to work properly, also that box needs to be very stiff to hold on 4K, you are going to need to give up some airspace to bracing.

Thanks man! And yes, I have calculated bracing into the box displacement. That 3.1ft^3 is after displacement for the subs and bracing. Guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board for now. Appreciate the help

Archived