Box placement in truck?

TheSpicySpider

Hello, 

I am changing vehicles from an SUV to a truck in a few months, and I'm going to transfer over my system. I have figured out a way that I will mount my single 12" with the sub and port both facing up, and the box mounted longitudinally in the back middle seat. However, I was wondering if there would be any noticeable difference if I mounted the enclosure with the port firing upwards into the middle of the cabin or with the port firing upwards along the back wall. My initial thought with the very basic knowledge I have of sub bass frequencies and how they behave in vehicle airspace is that with the port firing up against the back wall, the frequencies might have more time to compound and possibly combat standing waves. I realize there might not be a huge difference, but if anybody has some solid knowledge about how these factors behave in a small truck cabin, I would appreciate your thoughts. 

I have found that port up sub up with the port in the center of the truck was best for my truck.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Best thing to do it build a box that you can orient in different positions and you can find what sounds best. I posted this question once and got absolutely no response to the question just because every vehicle is a little different. But saying that in my truck sub up port up sounded best. I have never had my truck metered so I don't know about SPL.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived