Second Skin Audio

15" Xcon box help (ported)

shogen

Looking for some help with an enclosure for a 15" xcon... I could go sealed but I need the help of you gurus to figure out how to get it ported

Currently I have the Xcon in an enclosure that is roughly:  32" w x 17" h x 15" deep ... 

I have a 2016 Mazda3 hatch. My max dimensions for depth is 19.5" but that's only keeping a flat wall, I'm wondering what can be done about having the enclosure sort of follow the back of seats at the present angle.

Like so but less aggressive of an angle obviously...: 17rrH9A.jpg

So my hopes for the enclosure are:

1. Ported - 6" PSP port

2. Max dimesnions would be   W-26"   H-20"   D1(top side)-19"   D2(bottom side)- about 22"

3. frequency would be lowest I can get with a 6" port 

Specs for the Xcon:

9mwK1ZR.jpg VvzLeTG.jpg

Photos of hatch space:

EkF7uTQ.jpg

aoRyrNL.jpg

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

How much power are you running?  A 6" aero isn't always enough for higher power 15"s.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Power range will be around 700-1k at the most .... I'm trying to stay with stock electrical ...

48 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

How much power are you running?  A 6" aero isn't always enough for higher power 15"s.  

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived