Good Alt. For 5k Rms?

Okay So what would be a good alternator for 5k RMS? Would I need 2 alts? I want to stick with one but if I have to, 2 will be fine. Would "missinglink" help me out with alt power? What im trying to exactly get at is, how much amperage would be adequate for 5k RMS?

Derp.

You need to run more batteries. One up front & one in back is best. (more the marry-er) The batteries work like a buffer for the alt. Our module will give you better reaction charge to the batteries. So your batteries will receive a stronger fuller charge overall and help increase your system stamina. You could (get buy) with A stock alt 2 batteries and a module. A 200 amp alt you will still need the batteries. 200amp alternator (with smallest pulley)is like a max rating so it may do 160amps but heat up quicker. We have found that 2 stock 140amp alts with a module will give you around 300+ amps all day long with consistently and better efficiency. Also will run cooler longer this leads to more stable power supply. 200amp alt or stock either 1 will see the same voltage from your vehicles computer. As with all systems this is dependant on how hard you play it. Hope this helps some.

Thanks, MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Archived