Help needed

b.ran4real

I need some advice. I'm running 8 mid rang drivers. Looking at getting the crescendo 6.5s. What ohm should I get 8 or 4?? I'm getting a sundown amp to push them. Not sure what's the best size. I'm getting Memphis super tweets as well. What type of amp is good for tweets? 

Figure out what ur final load will be with ur speakers, and search for an amp that can power them at That OHM load. Amps put out different amount of power at different ohm loads. There are some amps that dont change alot but most will almost cut the power by half when u double the ohm load. Example a mono amp that does 2000w at 1ohm, might only do 1100w at 2ohm, and even less at 4ohm maybe 700. 

There are so many different configurations u can do with all those speakers, the simplest way might be to power them all with as little amount of amps as possible. Becuase you could go and buy 8 mono block amps (single channel) and power each speaker on its own amp, but with that many speakers that wouldnt be very pratical. So wire ur speakers together if u can and power them with an amp that can power them all or atleast half of the speakers at that ohm load off one channel. You might want to try to keep ur final ohm loads at 4ohm. A really strong 2channel class a/b amo would be nice, but it'll be easier to find a strong class D 2channel. Maybe even use a 4channel if u can find a strong one, and power 2 speakers off each channel. 

Just make sure you plan it out on paper before u buy it, you want the right configurations between speakers and amps. 

Archived