240 amp alt

hey guys so few months back i added a 240 amp alt form js alternator into my 99 ford explorer v8 5.0L i have two Odyssey 2150s in my car and a odyssey 1220 up front big three done smaller pully on alternator good grounds right to frame of the car so my problem is my voltage drop when driving around my voltage drops to around 13.2volts which seems pretty low for only running 1500 watts rms with my mechman alt i had in my 95 explorer i would never see below 14 volts and that was with a shitty agm battery up front and only one 2150 in the back all wire is 2/0 welding wire i guess my questions is anyone got any ideas on what might be going on? i have heard that its the computer making my voltage go low? i have also though about getting a self exciting reg for my 240 amp alts any ideas would be great!  

14.4 I know that is normal for a lot of cars these days I'm pretty sure it's my pcm keeping it to go any higher since my last car I had a 240 amp alt and it would stay up at 14.9  just trying to figure out why I have way more voltage drop than I did with my last car with same size alt but o have lower battery power in my new car 

Archived