Trunk build: DD ESP 10 basket, Sundown Zv4 motor, DL Designs 4k coil and soft parts, quarterwave at 29hz*, m2c x 2 etc.

18 minutes ago, sirhutson said:

Wonderful.  Photobucket decided that now is the time to charge 40 bucks a month for 3rd party hosting.  So all the pics are now bogus. It cant get me down though no NOoooo.  Here is a picture

wv2MP0.jpg

I should receive her sometime this week.  

How did you post that photo?

vgy.me - easiest thing ive found so far.  

63Cjpp.jpg

So I see the ups truck drive up, I order tons of stuff so it could be anything showing up.  But i see this dude STRUGGLIN with this box.  We all know what is inside that box.  

bx3M7S.jpg

weak ass dude was strugglin with a DOCTORS STOOL and gettin my hopes up I was pissed off 

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

Lmao. I had a guy struggling with a 50 ft roll of OFC 1/0 the other day. He asked me" What is this small and this heavy?" I laughed and told him it was wire.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

54 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Lmao. I had a guy struggling with a 50 ft roll of OFC 1/0 the other day. He asked me" What is this small and this heavy?" I laughed and told him it was wire.

LOL ups needs a gym.  But i spoke too soon bc the dude broke out a small dolly and wheeled up another box.  This was the shit i was hoping for:

cnYGFQ.jpg

boss 1200 and a ipod nano.

• 1 month later...

Wow I suck at updating my shit builds.

So fuck Photobucket right? Any way Im gonna do a rundown on the shit i be doin

first build i posted on here was on may 1 2015. It was a 6 cube isobaric 4th order enclosure for 4 12s (basically 2 12s with the other 2 "clamshelled" directly on top of the other subwoofers and wired out of phase so push pull is achieved. The benefits of this is: the same frequency response and output can be achieved in half the airspace. if 1 10 on 300watts calls for 1 cubic foot sealed then you can isobaric mount 2 of the same10s in a 0.5 cube box and run 300 watts to each sub and it will sound the same. This configuration also provides the benefits of cancelling driver non-linearities. Whatever. So I love the lows. 

we were tuned to 30, isobaric clamshell configuration in 6 cubes. haha.  So we got to hear what 2 12's on 600 watts in 12 cubic feet would sound like. 

First off this is your basic sealed isobaric configuration

s8PefS.png

pSlWkh.jpg

4 dd 1500 series on a m2c 

Nb2NgM.jpg

MwyITL.jpg

RtlsAK.jpg

long port so it  would extend from the hole from the trunk into the the cab

FHAQ5T.jpg

the view into the cab

Vh7zNo.jpg

This other piece is the other half of the box that screwed to the half with the iso 12s

slap the halves together and then the back goes on. 

It sounded great and got LOW af 

Had the isobaric build from May to November 2015

During that time I learned about a little thing called a Transmission Line enclosure

I researched the shit out of the "Quarter wave" enclosure and figured it out and built one.

for a JL 6 inch w3

z0B0er.jpg

At the time of completion, i was running an old school JL 5 channel.

PjLjI3.jpg  

The sub side was 250w but it was a slash amp so it seemed like alot more. Had a 10w1 in a ported enclosure in the trunk and i replaced it with the 6w3 in the T-line just to see what she was gonna do. That fuckin 6 was louder than the 10.  Are you kidding me? What the What? So then I just:

2flLzh.jpg

lnmNoy.jpg

at this point ive dusted the m2c off and im now running active on a c5d.  (Focal K2 components in the front running active, no rear speakers.)

I hit a 143.5 in that box at 40hz.  Damned impressive and the quality was amazing.  But Im about that low life, so I sold the sub amp, subs and box after about 4 months.  

Bass deprived and no longer working at the audio shop, I just jammed the K2s no bass for a while.

Then I found 2 focal Flax 8s in a custom box at the pawn shop for $180 i about shit myself.

So i jammed the 2 flax in a 4 cube box tuned at 25 on the STEG k203 fo a bit

blah blah found some Memphis M5s, jammed those for a while you know...

Then:

0mdUPg.jpg

pkddyg.jpg

newer m2c

dZ67nt.jpg

the frank

qgOFq6.jpg

hell yeah!

eALZaI.jpg

NOPE. And now we are caught up

RCG5hJ.jpg

HAD