XS Power

I've been looking at electrical upgrades and figured I would start with a high reserve battery.

I went out and measured my stock battery "holder" and here are the dimensions I have;

11in Long

9in Tall

6 1/2in Deep

Without modifications I can fit a PM D2400.

Should I get the bigger battery under the hood or at the rear close to the amp?

(Dumb question I kinda already know the answer to.) Can these be used to replace the normal battery under the hood?

Thanks.

I've been looking at electrical upgrades and figured I would start with a high reserve battery.

I went out and measured my stock battery "holder" and here are the dimensions I have;

11in Long

9in Tall

6 1/2in Deep

(Dumb question I kinda already know the answer to.) Can these be used to replace the normal battery under the hood?

Thanks.

It wont matter to much where you put them but id stay stock and put the 2400 up front, and ya its fine to use as a starting battery.

• 4 weeks later...

11in Long

9in Tall

6 1/2in Deep

Thanks.

How many watts will you be running total, and what year make vehicle?

If the 2400 fits, under the hood is no problem. With the D2400, you should be good for 2500 watts from under the hood. ( installed properly)

But, used as a supplemental battery, it is good for 4000watts. . So, you could just add it in the back. ( if the factory battery and charging system is healthy. . it will help the cause) Everyone has an opinion on this .. but, I would replace the front battery and add what I need in the back.

How many watts will you be running total, and what year make vehicle?

If the 2400 fits, under the hood is no problem. With the D2400, you should be good for 2500 watts from under the hood. ( installed properly)

But, used as a supplemental battery, it is good for 4000watts. . So, you could just add it in the back. ( if the factory battery and charging system is healthy. . it will help the cause) Everyone has an opinion on this .. but, I would replace the front battery and add what I need in the back.

1988 Bronco II

Upgraded 1G alternator to 3G.

95 Amp.

Big 3.

MLA Module.

1988 Bronco II

Upgraded 1G alternator to 3G.

95 Amp.

Big 3.

MLA Module.

That Bronco takes a group 64 which .. you're right . . is really close the the size of the Group 24 D2400. Should fit like a glove even with the factory mount. Cool.

What amps will you be running??

You can find the power ratings and all here.

www.xspowerbatteries.com

www.powermastermotorsports.com

That Bronco takes a group 64 which .. you're right . . is really close the the size of the Group 24 D2400. Should fit like a glove even with the factory mount. Cool.

What amps will you be running??

You can find the power ratings and all here.

www.xspowerbatteries.com

www.powermastermotorsports.com

Eventually wither one oe two Sundown SAZ1500's.

And one 18" DC LV4.

Or two if I can get that kind of money. :wub:

Especially in my classified box design. :P

Eventually wither one oe two Sundown SAZ1500's.

And one 18" DC LV4.

Or two if I can get that kind of money. :wub:

Especially in my classified box design. :P

So, you're all good with the one D2400 under the hood. And, when and if you do the second amp you could add a D925 in the rear which is capable of 2400amp bursts .. or 2000 watts of supplement. . Then you will be all good with a little overkill without killing your wallet for another big battery.

So, you're all good with the one D2400 under the hood. And, when and if you do the second amp you could add a D925 in the rear which is capable of 2400amp bursts .. or 2000 watts of supplement. . Then you will be all good with a little overkill without killing your wallet for another big battery.

Would it hurt to put the 2400 in the back?