Second Skin Audio

weird issues with subwoofer

i have 2xCrescendo forte 12s and one is doing somthing i never seen before i think i blown the sub but for some reason the coils read 2.4-2.8 on both and when i plug speaker wire in one of the voice coils you can feel scratching and when the coils have no speaker wire in them there is zero scratching noise can be hard i never seen this before so idk if i broke somthing internal or what im very confused here any advice would help

Pull the subs out and measure all the coils individually. Then play them in free air (at low power) see if you can find what's wrong. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

17 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Pull the subs out and measure all the coils individually. Then play them in free air (at low power) see if you can find what's wrong. 

i puilled out the sub that was being weird and free aired it and it looked fine no scratching at all so i just thru it in there and its fine so i guess its fine just got it tuned to day and it sounds amazing so idk

Archived