Sonic Electronix

I need advise on my system BAD

I have a 2014 ram, crew cab w/ the alpine upgrade and I recently installed (2) JL Audio 10W6v3 's in a ported fox box with a CT Sound 1500.1D mono amp that supposedly puts out 1500 watts rms @ 1ohm @ 14.4V . I had the system installed today professionally in an attempt to keep the existing OEM head unit and to be honest, I have never been so disappointed before in my life. Not that the install was bad, but these subs just don't hit like the JL's I remember, frankly this is the worst sounding I have ever hear. There are literally no lows, the stereo has to be up to the max to even get a little bit of base and I seriously want to rip all the shit out and just sell it. Before I bought the box I measured the depth to be sure I had a 1/2" of space behind the sub and there was over an inch as well as more than enough air space. Question is does anyone have experience with this box, subs or amp? Could the amp just not be putting out enough power? My volt meter reads from 2 volts up to 30 volts when it hits, is that normal? Is there seriously that much voltage drop by using the factory unit with the converter? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!

DQC-210-V
RAM QUAD CREW CAB
2002-2017
2-10" VENTED SUB BOX
AIR VOLUME: 1.35 CUBIC FEET PER SIDE
DIVIDED: YES
PORT/VENT TUNE FREQUENCY: 35hz
MAX SUB FRAME SIZE: 13"
MOUNTING HOLE SIZE: 9.125"
MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25"
WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET
BOX FINISH AND COLOR: SPRAY BED LINER COATING / BLACK

Prefab box? Just need to crank the gain and let it wang bruh. But seriously, can you provide more info, how'd  you set the gain, how's the wiring, where are you pulling signal from, how's the hu and amp setup as far as crossovers and boost go, what the specs on the box?

The installers set everything and installed 0 gauge power / ground to underneath the rear seat, behind the prefab box (I posted the specs of the box in original post). They tried to install the Jl audio Fix 82 and had it mounted beside the amp under the rear seat, but it wouldn't power up so they removed it, hooked up an in line converter at the location the Fix 82 was supposed to be, witch is all after the factory amp. It sounded so weak on the ride home that when I got home I turned the gain, base, subsonic and LPF levels all the way down and tried to adjust them to what sounded better but it seems like a lost cause. Now the gain is pretty much 3/4 full and the other 3 levels are 1/2 full and the subs sound flappy (if that's a good description). I have honestly had pawn shop Boss systems for 200 sound better than the 2,000 I dropped on this system. I apologize if I'm hard to follow, I obviously a greenhorn about car audio. Hope that's more info

• 2 weeks later...

glad that you posted what the issue was. a lot of folks dont and just drop off.  seem

\s simple but the younger, new guy,or even the expert can learn from that answer,.  e al get brain farts about something that we all know about..  but yeahg . thnx for thr reply

if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..

Archived