Sonic Electronix

Kicker Guy I understand exactly what you're saying. The T15k is a great amp but it's not magical, the power it creates comes from somewhere. Or are you people just victim to the propaganda?

and i too get where you are coming from kicker guy, but come on

1) look at there other amps, do they need to lie... no, almost all amps do more than they are rated

2) we dont know everything about the amp, so until we do, wait til someone can really answer our question instead of our guessing

3) it would be illegal to advertise it to do a specific amount of power and not actually do it

4) best bet would be for steve and chicken to get a clamp meter and show how much power is running thru the speaker wires, so we arent scewing the real results with what the amp pulls

5) its a 25,000 amp, lets not base or opinions on paper when two forum members have access to two of them to test

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Being apart of his site i figured you would know that steve has the rockford 15k.

Steve doesn't use them, Chicken does.

What's that make that?

2 maybe 3 people in all of the U.S. that run these amps?

I was getting at the fact that not many people have hybrids and that the chart still applys.

I dont know if you figured out your problem yet, but here are some other things Im wondering.

If your running the amp at 4 ohms, Im assuming you have dual 4 ohm coils since you said that you may drop the amp down to one ohm.( each sub coils wired in series, then subs wired in parallel to the amp)?

If so, Id disconnect your speaker wires from the amp, and then with a dmm see what ohm load you are at. Chances are with box and impedance rise, you will be at a 5-6 ohm load at the amp. Thus maybe even less power.

Any amp will be more efficient at higher ohm loads, so if the amp is 75% efficient at 1 ohm mono, the amp will probolly be around 85% efficient at 4 ohms mono, meaning a lot less current draw.

1100 watts rms by 1 @ 4 ohm is a small current draw. If your at a steady 14 volts while banging, your amperage draw is under 80 amps.

I also see you have a 1.2 fared cap, is this cap being used? If so, Im betting that this cap is helping out your electrical system by at least 30 amps or so.

Fuses will take more current then what they are rated for, but not for long periods of time. Once the fuse gets too hot it will most likely pop.

So what I think is with the possible impedance rise, the amp is not even working at a 4 ohm load, but a bit more and making less power which is reducing the amount of current needed. The capacitor is taking a big chunk of the amps current off your stock electrical system, so there for your amp is not relying on your cars stock electrical for current, and thus why the 40 amp fusing has not blown.

I think if your goal is to purposly to blow that 40 amp fuse, disconnect the capacitor and rely on the stock electrical for your amps current.

If that dont blow your fuse or if your capacitor is not being used, i got no idea and it maybe the amp... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

u sir a very bright person

im not trying to blow the fuse i was just wonderin why i havent already blown it and u have answered that question.

thank u sir ^_^

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz