Second Skin Audio

Engine noise!?!?!

Same thing happened to me with a jvc headunit. I run a ppi eq with a built in preamp to increase the signal so I can keep the gains down.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

My gain is really low and so is the bass boast it sounded ok closed the doors and nothing went for a ride came back and it was back to were it was before maybe not as loud but definitely noticeable I connected my remote turn on directly to the battery because someone else had told me that's if the voltage drops on that it can cause engine noise  but nothing . It's getting to the point to were I'm just frustrated that I can't figure it out everything I try doesn't work lol and what's the deal with the door why does hat cause the engine noise 

Where do you have your eq grounded? Factory grounds can cause ground loops sometimes. A ground loop acts like an antenna for noise. Basically one of the systems in your car that runs when the doors are closed shares a ground or the path the electricity takes through the metal of the car body is in the same path as one of your audio components. Maybe try running the eq ground straight to the battery with a piece of 14 ga wire.

Pioneer 80PRS

It is powered and grounded to the cigarette lighter. Even if I run a low level converter without ground I still get engine noise I can try grounding it to the battery but if I still got noise from a low level converter that doesn't even have a ground cable I'm pretty sure the engine noise will still be there but I will give it a try tho ... process of elimination so anything helps 

It might be coming through the amp ground too. Does it make the noise if you unplug the RCAs? It seems strange that its ok with the aux input from another source. Like the factory system is causing a ground loop in the aftermarket system.

Here is a link for an article from Navone Engineering. They have some interesting products. Maybe you could email them.

http://davidnavone.com/interfacing-new-gm-cadillac-systems/

Pioneer 80PRS

Another interesting article about how to find a quiet ground. (it says that the battery isn't a quiet ground)

http://davidnavone.com/mapping-ground-currents-in-a-car/

Pioneer 80PRS

• 2 weeks later...

And 2 weeks later Iv had enough! I finally took my truck In To get it checked at a shop and turns out every little thing I did they loved they asked me if I wanted a job because of how good I did the Install so that just makes me wonder how shitty they probabaly install there lol. Luckily for me they fixed it turns out that escalades  and Yukon Denalis have built in mics in the Headliner that even if you turn off the audio compensation feature they still do there job thus giving me engine noise when I closed the door. Simple fix but damn was it frustrating 

Archived