Second Skin Audio

Port Questions? Have Box Made Just Couple Things Left?

pk222

hey guys I made a box for my 2 (i think) hx2 rockford fosgate 10s. the dimensions are 35 x 16 x 10 and the internal volume is 2.389 cubic feet. I want to make my box ported with aero ports, all I really need to know is how to brace them so they dont move? I was thinking kind of counter sink them from the inside of the box and use liquid nails but I think they will need more bracing than that. also I'm using 2 in pvc for the aeros. I was planning on running it subs up with 2 ports back but now I'm thinking since I have such small diameter pvc that I should maybe go with 4 aero ports to the back with one on each corner. good idea bad? I have never made a ported box or even heard a real ported box just prefabs. any info or recommendations are very appreciated thanks in advance.

Port them all in one direction for best output. Secure them with ca glue or super glue.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

I ment having them in all one direction, and I was thinking of counter sinking them with a dremel and gluing them in there but I was thinking of securing them a little more than that if I needed but didnt know how. also I didnt know whether to put the ports in the box or outside of it? I want them inside but because the box is so small I might make them outside

outside will be hideous looking, but spl is never pretty.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

I dont really see why? all it would look like would be 2 or 4 holes at the corners of the back of the box going into the ports on the inside of the box. how would that look bad?

also I finished that box today and I know I wasn't supposed to run it while there the liquid nails was still drying but I ran it for like maybe a minute and damn what a difference. I only have it ported right now and I didnt realize how much of a difference there would be in having it in a sealed box that was actually sealed right and wasn't leaking. I know its said that an enclosure is 75% of the output but still.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to port it. it sound way better now but I know it could still sound that little bit better. If I end up trying to re seal it because it came out bad should I just get a piece of mdf and screw it in from the inside and liquid nail around it or is there a better way?

Archived