2011 jeep compass complete audio overhaul

2011 Jeep Compass W/ Boston acoustic package.

Planned build will be to retain stock appearance nice clean pods subs will come out a little but I need to retain as much cargo area as possible as well as access to the spare and have wife's "ascetic approval" 8" mid-bass retrofitted into each door

Pods at dash/low on A pillars. Rear passengers will have matching pods high on B pillars. Each pod will hold 3-4" midrange and super/normal tweeter(need to see size restraints of box but I have my eyes on some 1" super tweeters that I think will work)

Rear "tailgate speakers" retrofitted with 6.5-6.75 3 ways (going up from 3.5s)

Subs I am planning on fiberglassing the drivers/passengers quarter panels to fit 10/12s (again driversize will be determined after measuring box volume but I want dual 12s)

Amped with 2x 5ch and a 4ch(I can't do 3x 4ch with a mono block due to space.) I want my amps mounted above my subs and the 4ch in the middle of the back seat and 5s + a 4ch works best with this idea.

I also might add a center channel pod holding 2x 3-4" and a tweet but I need to do some test listening to a mono signal befor I do this.

Thanks for taking a peak will post pictures/videos shortly

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

before

IMG_0169_zpsibkefeau.jpg

after 

IMG_0169_zpsibkefeau.jpg

install part 1  

yes im using a butter knife as a panel popper keep in mind im trying to show the average joe how to do this and not the professional. I have a set of composite bojos coming to me as im told that the poppers have come along way since the plastic fork type construction that harbor freight had in the 90s (thin plastic with ridges to add strength)  and ive decided to give them a shot again (some one sent me a picture of a 12" gash they put in there door when they slipped using a butter knife) altho I wrap it in electrical tape when doing friends/of friends and family's vehicles to avoid this

pictorial (30 photos)

http://imgur.com/gallery/CwixK

video tutorial

9 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

Damm, lotta steps to remove that panel. Well done, nice editing too. Tuned in 

yea its gotta be the worst door panel ive ever done I dont know why they chose to screw everything to the panel vs. the door frame 

hey guys video has been shot and edited to reduce length as much as I could. If you are interested in dropping 8s into your doors(compass/patriot) or just want to see how I did it take a look below

https://youtu.be/-6P3adeCEHY

next up is dash pods I just want to give the ds18s a good listening to see if I want to keep that brand through the build or switch to something else I wanted 3" mid-ranges and also saw Daytons were suggested on another build Im following so we will see which route I take. not sure if I want different branded drivers everywhere lol.

11 hours ago, corypi said:

ha i just realized i posted 2 before pictures sorry about that 

I thought you were showing how stock it still looked....lol.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

3 hours ago, twalker182 said:

I thought you were showing how stock it still looked....lol.

naw lol I should have went with that tho.... I like to see my speakers. the grill doesn't actually need to be removed so it could actually be left fully stock appearance at least with speakers with a wave edge a typical surround would probably run into issues with it on 

The install shop that I used to borrow the oscilloscope to tune my amps with is no longer around so I stumbled across this neat little kit and just had to try it out  

stay tuned for assembly, testing and review.

unboxing JYE Tech DSO138 DIY Digital Oscilloscope Kit link below if you are interested

https://youtu.be/qRSFvyUMywY

also I have my front speakers and tweeters on order so more progress will be coming on my build shortly as well.

Archived