2011 jeep compass complete audio overhaul

You're going to have to find some real shallow mount speakers that have a stupid low enclosure volume requirement if you wann do it the way you're planning on,

im planning for dual 12's in my caliber(which is basically the same car) and its pretty much going to take up all the space in the rear in order to get the proper volume for them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

21 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

You're going to have to find some real shallow mount speakers that have a stupid low enclosure volume requirement if you wann do it the way you're planning on,

im planning for dual 12's in my caliber(which is basically the same car) and its pretty much going to take up all the space in the rear in order to get the proper volume for them.

Yea I was thinking I would have to do shallows. I will be gaining some space in the spare storage area too however there's  really no room back there so I'm probably going to stick to 10s or just tuning the 12s real low so they can breath  but then I'm into more of a transmission line type box and the amount of port length  for it will be stupid. I'll make a better  decision when I actually measure box volume. Subs will be the last Part of the install. 

My subs have a minimum requirement of 1.75cuft each for ported, going for an enclosure that size would have taken up the full width and only left me with around 5" of space between the hatch and the enclosure, thats with the back of the enclosure being angled to fit flush against the seat, and not going any taller than the seat back.

Ive decided to just go sealed instead.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I like the way the doors look, i considered going with an 8" in the doors but i decided i dont wan't to cut the panels up so im sticking with 6x9's.

1 hour ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I like the way the doors look, i considered going with an 8" in the doors but i decided i dont wan't to cut the panels up so im sticking with 6x9's.

The doors do look awesome. I just thought it was funny when I opened it up to find a 6x9 behind there being as they designed the grill to look like a round speaker. 

I also haven't seen any one do a 8 in it either so I was determined to make it work. Im actually thinking about doing full glass pods now to get a second 8 down there since I ordered the 8ohm and would like to get to 4. But of course then I would need to have 2ohm to get the most out of my amps lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, guys started my pods. I think it was too hot out29(84) because my glass started to thicken and harden in the cup and wouldn't wet out properly before I even finished my first layer, so I went another route and now am pulling off of a plug. check out the video below to see how I used expanding foam to make my mold. pulled a single layer of glass already but ran out of time this weekend so stay tuned for parts 2(the rest of the glassing) and 3 (baffle and finishing.)

video--->

Archived