Aeroworks Posted July 15, 2017 Report Posted July 15, 2017 In my car I have 8 speakers. 2 dash, 4 in all doors and 2 rear pillars. I am running a Fosgate punch p600x4 which puts out about 75 watts x4 x 4 ohms and 150 watts x4 x 2ohms The front doors have alpine 6x9's which are 100 watt rms each and the dash speakers are small 30 watt rms kicker coaxial s. They are wired in parallel which produce a 2 ohm load to the amp. Same deal with the back speakers except the door speakers are smaller and are kicker 75 watt rms and the rear pillars are kicker 30 watt rms in parallel at 2 ohms. I soldered on some bass blockers on each of the small coaxial s in the dash and pillars. Everything sounds good and I am happy but wanted some opinions if I am doing it properly. I like to keep the ability to fade between front and rear and often have the gain on the rear channel turned down about half of the fronts.
06RTCharger Posted July 15, 2017 Report Posted July 15, 2017 U mean that ur two dash speakers are wired in parallel right? Then Two front doors wired in parallel?Two rear doors wired in parallel? Rear pillars in parallel? That should be fine. But it sorta seemed like u were saying u wired a 30rms speaker together with a 100rms speaker in parallel. Im not the expert but i dont think that would be ideal, to have one of ur 30rms dash speakers and a 100rms front door speaker wired into a single channel. Maybe its fine tho, someone with more knowledge should chime in soon.
Aeroworks Posted July 15, 2017 Author Report Posted July 15, 2017 the 30 rms is wired with the 100rms. maybe this will be more clear FL: 6x9 + 3 1/2" FR: 6x9 + 3 1/2" RL: 5 1/4" + 3 1/2" RR: 5 1/4" + 3 1/2" Each channel is wired in parallel and amp sees a 2 ohm load per channel. Main reason I did this is because I am using the factory speaker wiring and the car has the door and dash wired in parallel already. Bass blockers on the 3 1/2" greatly improved things allowing me to drop the crossover point some to get some good mid bass without blowing the dash speakers. I suppose in an ideal world I would get rid of the smaller speakers or run them on it's own amp, or run the smaller speakers on the rear channel. Just wondering if it's worth it to do all that or if my setup will be okay.
06RTCharger Posted July 15, 2017 Report Posted July 15, 2017 That must make setting crossovers points a nightmare. I know u said u wired in some bass blockers. I still think ur speakers might be playing frequencies that could potentially damage them. what are ur crossovers set at?
Aeroworks Posted July 15, 2017 Author Report Posted July 15, 2017 Highpass is set to about 90hz. Allows me to go almost to clipping without any noticeable distortion
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.