Second Skin Audio

Box design help for 1 12.2 HCCA

25 minutes ago, YukonXL04 said:

Also if you input 3000w it might show high velocity. But realistically will you ever see a true 3000w with impedance rise and vehicle electrical taken into account? Most likely no so try a more realistic power input number

That's half right.  WinISD doesn't calculate its results directly off of input watts.  It uses input voltage, which it determines from what you enter for input watts.  By using input voltage it automatically accounts for impedance rise, because of this you are better off putting in the amount of watts your amp could put out.  So if you have a 3000 watt amp, enter in 3000 watts into WinISD.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

56 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

That's half right.  WinISD doesn't calculate its results directly off of input watts.  It uses input voltage, which it determines from what you enter for input watts.  By using input voltage it automatically accounts for impedance rise, because of this you are better off putting in the amount of watts your amp could put out.  So if you have a 3000 watt amp, enter in 3000 watts into WinISD.  

Oh cool. I didn't know that. 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

1 hour ago, IKnowImLost224 said:

Okay thank you guys very much for the help! If port velocity looks okay are there any other numbers I need to look at to make sure its enough but not too much port area?

As long as your port velocity stays under 30 m/sec (22 m/sec is even better)  you should be fine.  There isn't any performance disadvantage to having more port area than you need.  It just takes up more space.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

12 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

As long as your port velocity stays under 30 m/sec (22 m/sec is even better)  you should be fine.  There isn't any performance disadvantage to having more port area than you need.  It just takes up more space.  

Okay I know I've heard of unloading, which I thought was related to the port being too big, just not super familiar with it lol

Archived