Jump to content

5.3l Tahoe to 6.0l or 6.2l? Options? Advice?


Recommended Posts

Posted
19 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Some peoples huge difference is all in their heads, numbers dont lie.

Very true. But I won't be dyno'ing, so as long as it feels different to me, that's all that matters as well.?

18 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

I believe the tune was 3-400, the electric fans were about 150, the muffler was 100 installed and cold air intake was 60ish

Black bear was great to deal with on the tune, not a dyno tune but a 1hr ride around log and tune. Big reason for tune was to turn on the computer pin for the electric fan swap to work just like the factory ones do. I love my e fans. Ice cold a.c. even when idling for a long time. Big deal with kids and living in Texas. But also takes the load off the engine.

Muffler just added a little extra sound, doubt j gained any by it. 

Also did a big trans cooler but I tow stuff all the time. 

I did the fans, intake and trans cooler myself. Paid 30 to weld the muffler on.

The big thing on the tune is the shifting. It shifts so much faster now, no hesitation, just goes. I drove my uncle's 4.8 single cab and couldn't stand it, the lag and lack of throttle response had me wanting my Yukon back.

Cool cool, thanks for your input.

It sounds like the tuning shift optimization is what really makes driving more enjoyable for a lot of people. I just sent Black Bear an e-mail with some questions, and will see what they recommend for me.

I had no idea that you could add different electric fans to make the A/C colder lol. That's something I would've never thought to look into.

Posted
2 hours ago, RedFred said:

Cool cool, thanks for your input.

It sounds like the tuning shift optimization is what really makes driving more enjoyable for a lot of people. I just sent Black Bear an e-mail with some questions, and will see what they recommend for me.

I had no idea that you could add different electric fans to make the A/C colder lol. That's something I would've never thought to look into.

Yea it's a little different for you, because yours is a 02. I believe you have to tap into the a.c. trigger too for the fan swap.

05+ came stock with electric fans. 

Take the load of the mechanical clutch fan off the engine, and get colder a.c.... win win.

Look into the speed engineering long tube headers too.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Got some updates on the mechanical front, you can find them in my Build Log.

Spectre 9900 CAI system + Flowmaster Delta 50 exhaust.

Talking to a friend about installing a cam, and then getting it all tuned up.

Already with just the exhaust + intake there's a noticeable power increase, but we finished late tonight and I didn't want to do 0-60 times in the dark, in the middle of deer country.

  • 1 year later...
Posted
On 7/24/2017 at 10:39 AM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

good old 460, i miss seeing big blocks in trucks.

Get ready....Ford 7.3L V8

2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9269 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...