Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Recommendations for bed of a Polaris Ranger

Currently have two jl 10w6 powered by two fosgate prime 500 watt amps. Sound is good but not loud and lacks impact. Considering doing four 10" p3 fosgate. I realize now there are lots of lesser known brands that I might want to consider. I would like your advice and power recommendations. Money is a consideration so I cant go completely nutz but Im wanting to do something that stands out. Including the enclosure which I will do myself. I have about 5 cubic feet of space to play with.

Jayson Fisher

MIDWEST UTV CUSTOMS LLC

I'm assuming that it is a sealed box. The most budget friendly option would be building a nice potted enclosure for them. If it doesn't suit your needs then you are only out the cost of wood and glue assuming you already have the tools. There are people in this website that will help design a box for your exact subs/power combo. That's just an option. The other as you said is more cone area and power but you will need Something to be able to sustain more power. I recommend XS power for batteries.

Also do you know what ohm load you have your subs wired to? 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Sealed probably wont hit like ur expecting it to. Id say try a ported box built for those exact subs and power. If thats an atv probably try to see if u can fire ports toward the seats area. You could start another thread asking for help with a design. Just make sure you include the sub models, amp models, what ohms you'll be running them at and then the max dimensions you have available length width height. The more details you give, the better chance you'll be helped. 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Archived