Ok so I installed a new sound system that hooks up to my stock stereo. The lights on the inside flicker and my amp doesn't turn on. It was working fine for about 2 weeks then tragedy struck. My fuse block under the hood for my power blew and melted itself to the wire. Ever since then it has not been working properly. Do I need to take my car to a pro shop and have them fix it or is there something I missed?

For my power I drilled a hole through the firewall and tucked it under the bottom door trim I believe it's 4 gauge or 8 gauge wire. I put ground under the back seat I took a grinder to remove the paint under the bolt so it had good contact. A 3000 watt 2 channel boss amp. It was working fine but started to mess up about a week or 2 ago. I redid my wiring on my radio and it still not working. 

seriously post some pictures or even a video so we could fully understand wants going on before you go dump money at the shop....

• but where you drilled the hole at did you put a grument to make sure the metal does not cut the power wire?
  • are all the connects tight. battery, fuse, amp
  • are the fuses on the amp blown also? 

if its a 8 gauge wire that might be too small even if your using a boss amp

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

8 minutes ago, zoeboi954 said:

seriously post some pictures or even a video so we could fully understand wants going on before you go dump money at the shop....

• but where you drilled the hole at did you put a grument to make sure the metal does not cut the power wire?
  • are all the connects tight. battery, fuse, amp
  • are the fuses on the amp blown also? 

if its a 8 gauge wire that might be too small even if your using a boss amp

Yea I really don't want to take it to a shop. I will have to put pics tomorrow it's already dark where I am. Yea I made sure to put the groumet on there. I check the wire and it's 4 gauge. I double checked all my connections and they were tight. And the fuse under the hood was the only one that blew

Archived