angel.d's_hoe Posted August 30, 2017 Report Posted August 30, 2017 Ok so here's the deal this set up is my old set up. Going thru some hard times so my brother bought it off me to help me out with some legal custody stuff I need to take care of, anyways..... The set up I sold to him was two 12" L7's in a q bomb ported box. Don't remember the specs on the box. And also sold with it a 1200.1 watt fosgate prime amp. The subs are 2 ohm dvc, they're rated at 750rms each so together can take I'm assuming right under 1500. The amp at 2 ohms states that it pushes 800 rms so with no hard math that's obviously 400 per sub. My brother went and found another fosgate 1200.1, for 70 bucks couldn't pass it up. Now his plan is to put one amp per sub, the amps aren't strappable so the plan is the wire each sub to 1 ohm, and obviously 1 amp per sub these amps i think are putting out more them 1200 at 1 ohm haven't seen am amp test on this model but I know Steve did and amp test on a 750.1 prime I think that pushed more... How do we know where to set the gain without blowing these things. That's were we're stumped... Lol We know a little but not to much... Hope this is the right sections to post. I went to a few audio shops around the area but they won't give out any kind of advice at all they're money for everything. And I don't know bass heads around here at all.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted August 30, 2017 Report Posted August 30, 2017 Ideally the gain would be set with a DD1 or an oscope . Then the amps would be gain matched with the subs disconnected and measuring the output with a volt meter to set them the same. More specifically, once the max clean output for each amp is found, then the higher voltage amp would be turned down to match the lower one. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.