Input reducers question

Question for you guys who use reducers for your power/ground into your amp.  I've heard that there's been some issues for a lot of people fitting 1/0 to 1/0 reducers into the amp, But I can't quite remember if it's considered to be fine to use 1/0 to 4awg reducers into the amp because it's a solid chunk of metal instead of stranded wire at the 4awg side? (2.4k rms amp). 

So I'm still currently using wire directly into the amp terminal and wanting to change it to set screw reducers.  So I have two question...

1. Are there still problems with 1/0 to 1/0 inputs not actually fitting into some amps?

2. Would 1/0 to 4awg be fine to use into the amp since it's a solid chunk of metal instead of stranded wire? (VLX-3DE)

Thanks knowledgeable homies.

I had to do a little sanding with some plumbing tape on the SHCA dual 1/0 to single 1/0 adapter i'm using on my Sundown SCV-2000D.

Took about 10-15 minutes of light sanding including the odd test fit along the way.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I just wrapped the plumbers tape around the stub and didn't use very much pressure while spinning the adapter around.

If i had to guess it was only a couple of thousandths that needed to be removed.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Archived