Sonic Electronix

SoundQubed Amp and Sub Clipping - Looking for opinions!

46 minutes ago, dgreenie29 said:

I came up with 30.1 with a sine wave while testing the ac.

Ok, so that's about 900 watts at 1 ohm, so you are getting close to full power (you could never hear the difference between 900 watts and 1200 watts).

At this point I suspect either your box is holding back your output, or your expectations for what kind of output you should be getting might be a bit high.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Ok, so that's about 900 watts at 1 ohm, so you are getting close to full power (you could never hear the difference between 900 watts and 1200 watts).

At this point I suspect either your box is holding back your output, or your expectations for what kind of output you should be getting might be a bit high.  

Thanks for the help along with everyone else!!! I did fix the box and evened out the port but it only improved slightly. My expectations may be a little high as I come from the good Orion HCCA and Memphis days and my last system roughly 8 years ago was a JL 12W7 on a 1000/1 which was really loud. I did learn how to check ac volts so I do appreciate that.

I might try and grab a Skar rp2000 and see if more power does anything otherwise I'll grab another sub and call it a day. 

I will update you guys and let you know how it turns out, THANKS AGAIN!!!

Archived