Second Skin Audio

Box Help on 3 -18s

jmanjr82

Ive got three ct sounds meso 18's on a taramps 8k and ive built i think 6 enclosures for mine and ive got the same dimensions as you. Ive got an 06 pacifica...and from my trial and errors I've gotten the loudest with a wall. It was 45 tall x 55 wide x 28 deep, with a square port (not rectangular) tuned to 38hz with 180 sq inches of port.....i had about 30 cubes and they were stupidly loud. Then i tore that down (highly regret doing that) the sides were two layers, baffle was 5 layers, and the back was four layers with three 3/4 threaded rods for bracing. I also used expanding foam in my rear quarter panels and roof.. Then i built a box that was double layered and i managed to squeeze out 21 cubes with three 10" sonotubes with 230 sq inches of port if i remember right. and they're maybe half as loud as they were in the wall. So through my personal experience your going to want atleast 30 cubes after displacement and bracing for them to get really loud. Our subs have similar specs. I was never able to meter though. The mesos call for 5 cubes minumum ported and 3.75 sealed. 1500 rms/3000 peak 

• 1 year later...

The explorer burnt down and was replaced. I have sense decided to either have someone build my new replacement vehicle F150. If I cant get that done I will just pull it in the garage and do 1 thing at a time and take forever to do it myself given time restraints. Maybe just do 2-18s sealed

Archived