Second Skin Audio

Recommended Sundown LCS 12 box specs?

Derek217

Hey all; trying to see if someone has insight somewhere as to what the recommended box specs should be for the Sundown LCS 12? Only on DFS have I found TS parameters that say 33 Fs with no box specs, which is the only thing I kind of understand...that and going off sundowns website I’m expecting 1.5-1.75cu per sub @32hz...sundown only lists from the E series (1.75cu@ 32Hz) and up. Emailed Sundown but they must be busy with Black Friday and Cyber Monday I guess. If I can get some much appreciated solid info or expert thoughts from y’all I can feel more solid about looking at hopefully a few decent pre fab boxes or if I want to attempt a build myself for the first time. Debating getting (4) LCS’s and putting them on 400x4 @2 ohm amp on stock electrical (Power matters for box sizes from what I understood?. Thanks in advance! ?

07 Chevy Suburban Lifted

Ground Pounder Build In Progress

Clarion NX706

You will be fine with 1.5 - 1.75 cubed per sub after port/sub displacement.
Id also use a monoblock  (1 channel) amp and not a 4 channel amp. Trying to get channels 1 & 2 settings (gain, lpf, ssf, etc) matched exactly with channels 3 & 4 will be hard unless you have the proper tools. Just because you turn them to what looks like the same spot as the other ones is anything but the truth since the smallest movement of the potentiometers make drastic changes. With these settings on a 4 channel amp not being identical can lead to phase issues, and cancellation issues (meaning the subs could possibly not be hitting the best they could, especially if its a common chamber box for all 4).

Archived