Second Skin Audio

2006 Silverado Crew Cab NON HD Subwoofer Box

Alljackedup408

Hey peeps, looking for a nice box for my 06 Silverado Crewcab 1500. 

I am torn... I have found a behind back seat box, which I prefer... but people on reviews are complaining the seat sits up onto the subs.. and limits the sound in a huge way...

Subthump has a nice underseat box that is down fire.... only issue is I lose underseat storage for tools/jumper cables ect.... and also that leaves me to mounting my amp on the cab wall.. and i DO NOT want to drill holes in the cab. The amp will be small enough maybe to be help on with velcro strips... but have not gotten that far yet.

Anyone with experience on these 2 setups?

Here are the boxes. 

Last option is a single 10 under seat... but would prefer to have 2 10's for the extra bump when needed. 

Thanks!

chltpoly2.JPG

Custom-Fit-Enclosures-GM2X12-CREW-NOHD-BS-detailed-image-1.jpg

2006 Z71 CC Silverado

• 2 weeks later...

so i have an 06 2500hd. i know the boxes are different. with that said i had a custom box made. its half wood half fiberglass. im running 2 FI ssd 10"s on a aq3500.

they bang pretty hard. the box in under the seat down firing. the back side of the sub the box is glassed like a dome to make room for the sub being that its a 6" mounting depth. i did buy a wood box from sound solutions or one of those guys but ended up never using it. 

Archived