Second Skin Audio

38 Hz Tune...

If you are not worried about doing spl comps then why dont you build a pacman, power V, or diamond all sealed boxes that will get loud with min power.

they will also play low 30 hrtz range

OR,

4thOrder bandpass.

Do a Diamond or something of that nature.

EDIT:

BTW, my T-Line is tuned to 38hz.

I'm not sure if it has to do with vehicle transference but it doesn't hit as low as I would like.

At lower volumes though I can hear lower note more predominantly than higher.

But when its cranked 50-55hz plays hopscotch with your ear-drum

Edited by Bigpimpin91

That's the crappy part about crunch stuff is it's not rated at what it puts out. The older stuff had rms ratings in the pamphlets but there's no guarantee that it is what it says it is but I thought I'd throw that out there...

Good luck man hopefully you get to where your wanting to be with the whole build though!

What size alt does that thing have being a 4 banger and all right?

That's the crappy part about crunch stuff is it's not rated at what it puts out. The older stuff had rms ratings in the pamphlets but there's no guarantee that it is what it says it is but I thought I'd throw that out there...

Good luck man hopefully you get to where your wanting to be with the whole build though!

What size alt does that thing have being a 4 banger and all right?

120 amp alternator, problem is the PCM controls voltage internal, so I guess thats the limit. I have a friend with a PT and he has a second battery in his, Kinetik HC800 I think, so a second battery is ok, but not a high output alternator.

My original goal was 1k watts for subs and 400 for mids/highs. So another 1100.2 would get me there, but the idea of only running 2 amplifiers is always nice. It's hard dealing with the Crunch manuals, but Mike@maxxsonics said it is in line with the competitors and the marketing guys did it. Anyway you can't beat them for as low as they cost! I have had my Hifonics Zeus 400 watt mono amp for 6 years and 3 different cars, and it is like brand new, it really pounds, but I figured it was time for something new.

I may sacrifice some low end anyway, to squeeze em all in, but I know it's gonna get lower than what I have in there now, and with what I listen to, it should be fine. Steve said I can post some pics of the wall when I get started, so I will.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG