JamesB! Posted January 22, 2018 Report Posted January 22, 2018 Hi guys, I am currently half way through revamping my 2003 passat’s audio system. I have a kicker comp s 12” sub and an amp to power my new door speakers. I would like to know if I am going to need a capacitor for this setup. Also, I would like to know if it is going to be necessary to upgrade my alternator or install a second battery. Thanks for for the help,
bmwking Posted January 23, 2018 Report Posted January 23, 2018 1 hour ago, JamesB! said: Hi guys, I am currently half way through revamping my 2003 passat’s audio system. I have a kicker comp s 12” sub and an amp to power my new door speakers. I would like to know if I am going to need a capacitor for this setup. Also, I would like to know if it is going to be necessary to upgrade my alternator or install a second battery. Thanks for for the help, what amps are you using? capacitors are basically worthless, if you have the ability, always add a battery over doing a cap.
SkarredSierra Posted January 23, 2018 Report Posted January 23, 2018 I assume your using less than 500 rms on sub and less than 300 on your doors so with those numbers no a ho alt isnt needed. Regular capacitors dont really work. U need special caps that are very expensive. Best option to help your amps is a small batt in back by your amps. Kinetik has the hc600 or the hc1200 wich would be plenty big enough. Also get an agm batt to replace your regular battery.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.