Jump to content

Whine from speakers due to HU source


tbeats

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a pioneer touch screen and when source is anything else but cd I get a whine from my door speakers in the front that are amped the rear off the hu no problem on any source and even does this whit the amp gain all the way down. Any clue?

  • 2 months later...
Posted

My guess may be that the new Pioneer decks have a harness made of wire that is no thicker than a hair.  Like 22 gauge wire...  I was shocked to see how GD cheap Pioneer was with the wire when I started wiring up my new FH-X730BS.  I may try to rebuild the harness with some thicker wire...

 

Not sure if that is what is causing the whine, which mine also has, but it may be a place to check out.  Often, grounding issues can produce whining noise...and this unit is grounded with the same tiny ass wire... Cheap fukkerz...

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Posted

I haven't done 'the big three' just yet, but the stuff to do so should be here tomorrow, including an additional battery.  I am hoping this will fix the whining noise I get.  In my case, the whine is fixed frequency and gets louder with volume.  You may want to check to see if the whine sound is affected by engine RPM and/or if the car is running or not and still whines.  If it is related to engine speed, have your alternator checked.

 

Do the big three regardless, if you haven't already.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Posted

Oh, check the pinned post at the top of this subject header...it covers how to do everything you need to do to isolate and fix the whine you have.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 970 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...