Sonic Electronix

~$300 worth of router bits I'm thinking of buying... carbideprocessors.com or usroutertools.com ???

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I've used both straight and spiral flush cut bits and I prefer the straight ones, but you may have a different experience, all I can tell you is what works for me.  

Usually you would want to use 1/2" shank bits if possible, but for that 1/4" spiral you want a 1/4" shank.  The reason is it lets you cut deeper when making multiple passes, like when using a circle jig.  With the 1/4" shank you can cut deeper than the length of the cutting flutes, you can't do what with a 1/2" shank bit. 

I guess I'll just buy both sizes shank. Do you really need to cut that deep when the piece of wood is 3/4" though? 1 inch cutting length should be sufficient right?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

30 minutes ago, moh.vze.com said:

I guess I'll just buy both sizes shank. Do you really need to cut that deep when the piece of wood is 3/4" though? 1 inch cutting length should be sufficient right?

If all you ever cut was 3/4" material the 1/2" shank bit would be fine, but for myself I'm cutting through double baffles most of the time.  You can't do that with the 1/2" shank bit. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Just made my purchase from carbideprocessors. I have to admit their customer service is superb it seems like. They were willing to give me a 10% discount code when I asked for a price match with usroutertools.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Archived