Second Skin Audio

How to calculate how many sheets of Birch/MDF to buy based on Speaker Box Blueprints?

Hello,

For you box builders out there... how do you guys calculate how many sheets of Birch wood to buy when building a subwoofer box? In addition, I'm trying to calculate/estimate how much the subwoofer box inside of my car weights.

I read online that a sheet of 4ft x 8 ft of Birch weights about 75lbs.

Here are the blue prints of my box:

overrall_specs.jpg

port_measurements.jpg

sides_a_and_b.jpg

sub_baffles.jpg

But yeah, how much do you guys think my subwoofer box weight (3/4" birch thickness) based on those blueprints? In addition, how many sheets of Birch wood was used in the making of my box?

I'm also trying to get a better understanding of all of this in case I build a new subwoofer box in the future when I buy the Sundown Audio Nightshades v4 (if the price doesn't get jacked up).

Speaking of Sundown Audio Nightshades v4, would this current box be good for them (Would be powered by a DC 5K amp) ? Thoughts?  Thanks in advanced.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I use the program “maxcut”. You input the sheet you are using, and all the pieces. Then it Gives you a cut sheet and shows you how many sheets you need. Also helps plan out your cuts to minimize waste. 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived