Used rustoleum hammered black paint because it says it helps hide the imperfections lol i didnt sand the box or anything. Theres still glue drips all over. Did about 4-5 coats waiting 45mins to an hour between coats. I just used some spray paint, which was a mistake. Those fumes and mist in the air is a hassle to deal with, not to mention my garage floor is sticky AF now. Idk why, its like a tacky adhesive was in some of the over spray idk. I wish i wouldve just got a can of paint and rolled it on or paint brushed it. Next time i will, or wrap it. But this was a PRACTICE box so i just wanted to take the easy route just to make it blend in withh the truck interior better than raw wood color.

29F642C6-BC25-46C8-AD3D-F3ED193C972E.thumb.jpeg.2530382509323f1bdfe32ac762449bb4.jpeg

9A91880A-24BC-46BA-9DAB-43611B0A2E40.thumb.jpeg.3fc3b32b972656001af0a41500660d00.jpeg

My battery was killed by the 4.1HVS. So i got a new cheap battery for $189 at oreilly's. Before i try to use the truck again i wanna do a lil upgrade to try to avoid or atleast slow down the killing of this cheap battery. So im gonna do a BIG4 upgrade. Hopefully i did it right. I used all the stock locations and just added my wires over the top of the stock wires. For the grounds i added dielectric grease between the metal and stock terminal, then between the stock and my new terminal. 

Measured out how long my wires would need to be using a scrap piece of speaker wire. Cut some Knukonceptz 0awg to length. Hydro crimped my terminals. Then used some adhesive shrink around the  section that exposes the wire right before it goes into the terminal. and my custom heatshrink over the adhesive.

Some of the ground terminals have a larger hole because i will have to upgrade my battery terminal for the ground because all these 0awg lugs wont fit on that stock battery terminals lil bolt. The MachineWorkz battery terminals that i have use a pretty large diameter bolt so thats why theres two kinds of lugs. 

27A4BEB6-FDBC-4A10-8D47-18790C117281.thumb.jpeg.3166db2575995bf439a78437a0cf2ff1.jpeg

FD494192-49EC-49BA-9AE5-4BC0C9DF4F94.thumb.jpeg.3b3780de8a30fd8ebf426dba2c005fbf.jpeg

Can someone confirm for me that this alternator ground is actually grounding it? I know its the rear of the alternators casing that is a grounding bolt, but theres no where to secure a lug on the rear of the alt. This bolt threads into the rear section tho. Is that decent enough of a ground? 

On a side note i love how this alt is located on the top and front of the engine bay, unlike my Chargers alt was. Also its right next to the battery, unlike my Charger that has the battery in the trunk and i had to run front to rear wires for the big3 upgrade on the Charger. 

Heres how the battery looks now. 

Did i do a Big4 correctly? First, the alternator charge wire to battery upgraded. Second, the alternator ground to battery ground added. Third, the battery ground to chassis (sheetmetal body) upgraded. Fourth, the battery ground to framerail upgraded. 

Probably doing my own grounding locations wouldve been optimal but that wouldve been a bigger job. I can do that when i figure out what im going to do for more battery reserve and where it'll fit and how i'll lay it out. I was going to just got lithium but realized lithiums cant or shouldnt be under the hood. And i dont know if a second battery can fit under the hood and if it could fit somewhere id have to make my own battery rack/tray and make mounting points for it. 

7CCD0857-AC25-4D6F-BDD0-E1D85435439B.thumb.jpeg.3b91b6982cbc575f726f27259bfb1ac9.jpeg

WTF!? Lol this picture is 7.7 MB!? God damn iphoneXMax. No wonder i cant post more than two pics at once or in this case not more than one pic.

Voltage after ignition at idle. Shouldnt it be at 14.4 at idle? Even metering my alt it reads the same, 14.1 coming out of the alt. Is that why my battery voltage is only 14.1 at idle? Should a stock alt put out more than 14.1 at idle? Planning on a mechman soon, just need some funds . Mechman has a 370 for $599 for my truck. Tho the  terminals on mechmans alt is slightly different. 

BC3374EA-217F-4CA0-B7C8-96F6ABAC4267.thumb.png.9e2990da1322a0cba60429ecb70a69c5.png

Archived