150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

Temporary til I figure out what route to take. Please excuse the mediocre spare tire work. It's functional at least. Haha. Sub is a level 4. Wanted to give it a try. See what the 1.5 cube recommendation is all about. That's pretty small

If u seal it all up between the trunk and the cab with trim panels and some well placed hidden foam with the sub and port forward youll increase output alot.

If you wanna keep it easily removable use walmart bags filled with foam. Like push the bag in the gap and expand the bag with foam. 

That's the biggest box you can fit in your trunk opening? Might be able to fit a bigger one through the back seats instead of through the trunk. I have done that a few times as well 

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

The max width of the opening there is about 24".  A sealed dual 12" box would fit great...but a vented/ported box is going to have to have the cones obfuscated by the wall or have the vents obfuscated by the wall.  Unless you have it rear facing.  As I have basically the same car as Dibo, I am facing the same dilemma.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Maybe a dual 12" box with tuned round ports (tubes) in the center, one near top and one near bottom?  I sure wish I hadn't left my router and table with the ex-girlfriend.  :(

A bit of advice!  Don't fuck around with somebody else's wife....it usually doesn't end well.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

3 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

That's the biggest box you can fit in your trunk opening? Might be able to fit a bigger one through the back seats instead of through the trunk. I have done that a few times as well 

No I got the 4 cube box in but it was awkward in there. Didn't maximize the space. I've been wanting to try DC so I got a level 4 to try in my first box. Sounds good. Weighing options

• 2 weeks later...

U15 in and getting low! Even tuned to 34 it gets low. What started as me wanting to be loud is turning into just a clean daily for now. The possibility of 2 12's built in a trunk wall is still just that... Possible. Playing with subs and options. Please excuse the hold up. 

Archived