Sonic Electronix

Max Daily Power on a single Fi SSD NEO 12" ?

http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/ssd-neo-12/

Fi says 1750 RMS on their site. Brian their tech told me they can do 2000 and that's considered a lot. He told me if im going to be using .."that much power"..and tuning it at 29-30hz I should go 35" port in 2 cube. 

Looking for Sound quality and of course I love to move as much air as possible around that 27hz area .

Now up to this point I've always put at least 50% more to a sub then what the manufacturer recommends RMS and have yet to ever blow one( been hard into car audio since 1992) I have always set make gains properly and have a good ear for distortion.  At the moment for the past eight months daily driver I've been running a sundown SA 10 with 1200 W tuned at 29hz and have yet to even smell anything.

I was kind a hoping I'd be able to put 2500 W or more to this Fi SSD Neo  but I also  respect the tech down at Fi and I don't want to have to purchase $160 recone on one if I might end up pushing it too hard. 

What do you guys think? 

I would've really liked to of gone with their SP4 , but the damn things too expensive and I just can't justify it.

1 hour ago, SMT said:

http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/ssd-neo-12/

Fi says 1750 RMS on their site. Brian their tech told me they can do 2000 and that's considered a lot. He told me if im going to be using .."that much power"..and tuning it at 29-30hz I should go 35" port in 2 cube. 

Looking for Sound quality and of course I love to move as much air as possible around that 27hz area .

Now up to this point I've always put at least 50% more to a sub then what the manufacturer recommends RMS and have yet to ever blow one( been hard into car audio since 1992) I have always set make gains properly and have a good ear for distortion.  At the moment for the past eight months daily driver I've been running a sundown SA 10 with 1200 W tuned at 29hz and have yet to even smell anything.

I was kind a hoping I'd be able to put 2500 W or more to this Fi SSD Neo  but I also  respect the tech down at Fi and I don't want to have to purchase $160 recone on one if I might end up pushing it too hard. 

What do you guys think? 

I would've really liked to of gone with their SP4 , but the damn things too expensive and I just can't justify it.

Just get the SP4, run 50% more than RMS, wang it all day without having a doubt ?

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived