6.5" MIDS & 4" COMPS Advise or Opinions

CUT BUDDY

Guest MegaloManiac

what I'm tryin to say is. Your ears will like the music coming from the front of the car rather than behind you. Try this if you can just to test. run midbass drivers in the door(try to have some  deading to back it up if u can) and have tweeters on dash... near apillars. aimed towards you  or u can try them off axis for apearance sake(no need to mount them. afterall its just a test) now if you got them midrange drivers on hand "throw" them in the kicks aim them to your headrest. now sit in your car and listen to music(all doors closed and windows up) try different types of music. I recommend anything by Blueman Group. if u need their albums shoot me a pm. see if you like the way the setup sounds. oh yea make sure all speakers are tuned proper

midbass 80

midrange 150-250

tweets 2500 - 3500

throw in a sub if you'd like. and make sure all rear fill is off.

Ok, cool. Im doing my 87' Cutlass too. Im doing 2-12 BTLs in that first before I do the truck. So Imma try ur advise out in the G-Body. Run 2-T20001BDs on the subs. For the highs Imma take ur word for it and do all Rainbows....6.5" comp set in a custom pod at the bottom of the doors, another 6.5" comp set in the kick panels, then 2-pairs of tweeters...1 pair will go in the stock 3.5" openings on the dash board and Imma fab the other pair in the A-pillars and U know [glow=red,2,300]no rear fills[/glow] and use the factory 4x10 openings on the rear deck for trunk ports. Sound good for a small trunked ground pounder? Oh yea and using just 1 T3002 ran down to 1ohm stereo (oh yes its capable of that) and give em about 85 rms each with a Audiocontrol EQS trunk mount equalizer....starting the 6.5"s off at 80hz, Im gonna use em for midbass and midrange.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

watch the imagin on those tweets... usually when pointed towards glass they get very loud and very bright. to be honest i dont think youll be needing 4 sets of tweets so youd probably be better off taking the set in the stock 3.5 location out

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

watch the imagin on those tweets... usually when pointed towards glass they get very loud and very bright. to be honest i dont think youll be needing 4 sets of tweets so youd probably be better off taking the set in the stock 3.5 location out

even if they are silk?

might do 3 sets of comps then. 1 in the Q-logic kick panels and 2 in the doors but take the tweeters from the door comps and fab em in the A-pillars. Now I know that aughta do it. So thats (6)6.5" woofers and (6)0.75" tweets. That will make the T3002 see about 1.3ohm and give me about 100-110rms to each comp. Still set the corssover at 80hz so I can get all my music out of em.

Ok :D Came up with a pretty good idea this morning if I do say so myself. But the only thing is this idea I would have to do away with the q-logic kicks and put everything in the doors except the tweets and run 2-Kicker ZX2500.1ds and 1- ZX350.2.......I could just do 2 sets of 6.5" Rainbow SLC [glow=red,2,300]3way[/glow] kick comps. Thats a 6.5" woofer dedicated to midbass, a 4" speaker dedicated to midrange, and a 0.75" silk tweet. Each side of the car would have 2-6.5" woofers fabed at the very bottom of the door panel....fab the 2-4" speakers mid way just above knee level of the door panel...and fab the 2-tweets in the A-pillars as I was going to do anyway. That way my midbass,midrange,& highs will be seperated by the crossover. Should sound nice and have nice staging. Fabbing shouldnt be a problem because the part of the doors that Im fabbing is plastic anyway so I should be able to customize it fairly easy. So total thats 4-6.5" woofers, 4-4" speakers, and 4-0.75" tweets.......sound like a winner?

ya silk is smoother and not as harsh but they can also get loud and when you point something towards glass it usually gets very loud (hence why hatchbacks are great for systems)

you also realize how underrated that amp is right? to be honest im thinking 3 would be a little overboard... i would start with fewer then build up... if you build with that in mind you should be able to easily add another set

btw the average birthsheet power of that amp is

223x2@4ohm

315X2@2ohm

346X2@1ohm

838x1 @ 2ohm bridged

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Ok :D Came up with a pretty good idea this morning if I do say so myself. But the only thing is this idea I would have to do away with the q-logic kicks and put everything in the doors except the tweets and run 2-Kicker ZX2500.1ds and 1- ZX350.2.......I could just do 2 sets of 6.5" Rainbow SLC [glow=red,2,300]3way[/glow] kick comps. Thats a 6.5" woofer dedicated to midbass, a 4" speaker dedicated to midrange, and a 0.75" silk tweet. Each side of the car would have 2-6.5" woofers fabed at the very bottom of the door panel....fab the 2-4" speakers mid way just above knee level of the door panel...and fab the 2-tweets in the A-pillars as I was going to do anyway. That way my midbass,midrange,& highs will be seperated by the crossover. Should sound nice and have nice staging. Fabbing shouldnt be a problem because the part of the doors that Im fabbing is plastic anyway so I should be able to customize it fairly easy. So total thats 4-6.5" woofers, 4-4" speakers, and 4-0.75" tweets.......sound like a winner?

that actually sounds like a good plan... put the 4s in the kicks thou youll thank me later.

also if you go with q logic its very easy to make those enclosures 100% better... they need more weight on them to prevent flexing and such so i herd its a good idea to put sound deadening on them(forget if it was the inside or outside but the main concern to look at is the front)

ur right I could put 1 pair of the 4z and the 1 pair of the tweets in the kicks but Id still have to put the other pair of 4z in the doors and put the other pair of tweets in the A-pillars. Hey, I had pland on putting dynomat and dynospray on the inside of the fabed parts and inside of the kicks anyway. But do u think [glow=red,2,300]polyfill[/glow] would help inside of em too?

i wouldnt to be honest with you...  lol and my bad for some reason i thought you ment 1 pair not 2

Now since a 3way comp is hard to image im not sure what 2 of them would be like but im assuming you will get the best sound leaving the sizes together... 2 4's per kick, 2 6.5 per door, 1 tweet in each A pillar.... and im not sure where the other ones would sound best but my guess is in the kick.

Once you finally get a set plan i would ask ray for some input because he has more experiance

Archived