Multiple Batteries

Background:

i currently have a dual alt setup.

my second alt solely re-chargers my second battery.

second battery is a Kinetik HC2400 Pro 

question: 

so im thinking of upgrading my amp and with that comes the power. If I add an additionl battery in the back to meet the amp hours required of the new setup will the additional battery need to be the same as the one under the hood? 

I’m new to the audio scene but i have reading a lot of forums on here to educate myself so hopefully my question makes sense. 

1 hour ago, BassMunky said:

As long as it the same type no matter. Example ... agm with agm, liquid liquid. Lithium with lithium. Got it?

This isnt true. People run lead acid with agm and agm with lithium all the time. Common practice is to run agm with agm because running mixed will cause the higher voltage agm to leech into the lower voltage lead acid while the car is off until the voltages are equal. Some say it can reduce the agms life but ive been running a kinetik hc600 with a lead acid for around 5 years with no issues.

Yes that is correct. Your rear batt should be solidly grounded also. You can ground your amps on that secondary batt too. Just dont use a lead acid batt inside your vehicle. They emit dangerous fumes.

Archived