Mid setup and placement

Jdavis51

Hey guys I am almost done with my 4th order with 4 15s on 8k and I don’t think my 4.90 and 4 6.5s are gonna cut it anymore. I’m considering upgrading to crecendo pwx and ft1 and want do do 6-8 mids and 2-4 highs but wanted advice on placement. First how does placing mids behind you on the wall effect the sound of the system? I don’t want to do custom doors and there’s space around the wall so that would be the easiest way to add I plan on using q logic kick panels and possibly a custom console basically my question is how will having speakers everywhere effect the quality and is there a certain ratio I should do front to back

Placing speakers behind you on a wall is just for loud demos me personally i dont care for it..most guys just stuff as much as they can.there is no ratio..im not familar with pwx drivers. Not sure how high they can play up.i would want something in between maybe some 8"5"1" tweeters. tuning is going be your best friend...good luck

6 hours ago, dolarbilz said:

Oh yeah i would do custom doors..just sayn

I think I’ve decided to do custom doors and hope they come out okay I have 0 experience with fiberglass but my dads done a good bit of boat body work so maybe I could get something done I have the same truck as your profile pic and you know the doors are about as crazy shaped as can be 

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, dolarbilz said:

Thanks so did you build the doors yet?

Not yet my wall took up a good bit more money than I thought it would and my setup now isn’t too bad I think I’m going to upgrade to pro audio and do q logic kick panels and see how I like that first and if that doesn’t do it go all the way

Archived