Second Skin Audio

Pollyfill? Whats your take?

Fordbronco1995

Hey guys so i have a general pre fabbed sub box in my 95 bronco, its  roughly 26”Wx12”Hx12”D i am going to make my own box to help give me some more room and so the box doesnt look like a pre fabbed out of place box, what i came up with is a box that is 37”Wx14”Hx7”D

i have two jl audio 10” subs, 4.8” depth so i know they will fit fine, call for .625 sealed, with the dimensions i have for the box using 3/4” mdf and with a center support brace i came up with .64 cu ft per chamber, since this box will be slightly larger than reccomended would it still be wise to use polyfill? 

Thank you! I see so many things online where people use it even with a larger box than the manufacturer reccomends. Just couldnt find anyone saying not to.

fwiw my pre fabbed box is .75 cu ft per chamber and came with polyfill in it so i left it, it sounds good but i still think it isnt as good as it could be, will the smaller chamber at .64 cu ft that is closer to jl audios specs sound better than the larger .75 cu ft that has polyfill lining the walls? 

Thank you, i just see conflicting info, on sonic electronix it says its really only needed on a box that is smaller than the speaker manufacturer reccomends. Then on other forums i hear about people using a little bit or packing it full regardless on box size, im like what happened to just a good ole sub box lol. This pre fabbed box is the first time ive delt with polyfill but wasnt informed on it until recently.

Archived