Second Skin Audio

Box for Single Cab Dodge Ram

2012RamRT

What i'm attempting to fit into the amount of space I have may seem a little ridiculous but I need some help designing a box for my application. The vehicle is a 2012 Ram R/T single cab. The sub woofer is a 12" Massive Audio HIPPOXL 122R  (mounting depth 8.19" and displacement .103) and according to what I've gathered, a vented box would be ideal for that sub. I attached the specification for the sub along with a 3D drawing that gives the approximate size ( 24"x20"x10" ) I need for it to fit behind the passenger seat of my single cab truck. Would a port coming out of the side of the box work and what would the length need to be if the opening of the port is 8.5" x 3"? The box would have a internal dimension (3/4 inch MDF) of 3.15 cubic feet without subtracting the woofer displacement, any bracing or the port.  I could go longer than 30" if I need to. 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Box.jpg

1.  IIRC the dodge reg cab has enough room to do a down fire style enclosure.  by doing that you can bring the part of the box that touches the seat further out.  and still have room to build big enough to also make ported.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived