Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I started simple enough  I had a kicker amp and and ancient jl 10 with an old dual cd hd radio 

I have now upgraded to

pioneer nex 5000

skar audio 6x8 rpx

blaupunkt 7502  for the 6x8  (hey it was on sale!) the mtx road thunder was not getting it done

I started with 1 vd-10 in an old mtx thunder form  it was ok

jbl gtx 500  wired the skar to 2ohm and it was very nice.  that woofer really moves!

I have wired  the blaupunkt with 4 gauge cca  (I know!)

and the jbl with 4 gauge welding wire on a circuit breaker

I feel they jbl and skar are a good match

I bought an old kicker comp box for  another use that didnt work out, so I put the skar in the that and it really likes a  vented box, things  are feeling good  

I bought another  skar audio  vd-10 and put it  in another kicker box and even at 4 ohm on the jbl  at 350 its better! 

I tend to run my amp at fulll  for the highs and the sub filter all the way up    I let the pioneer cross it over and it seems to work nice

 

 

I was  wondering  would I be better to run a 1 ohm amp I figure about $180 or get  another jbl  I saw one used at the swap $40 with wiring another $30 and run 2 amps for the subs? 

I am very space challenged and those 2 boxes take more seat space than I wanted to give up.

also I  have not and really would like to avoid power upgrades so I am hoping to keep the current draw as low as is reasonable to expect.

I have been a little unsure about posting as this is a 1000 watt system and I am in not  invested  like the posts I read

I am older than dirt and just wanted to play with  the old tacoma

  2003 pre runner single cab 2.7 , I added a super charger at 12 psi boost!  

SkarKicker2.JPG

Posted
On 11/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, XSVTOYZ said:
swap meets are great! got another gtx 500  dirt cheap
testing it for the past 2 days at 4 ohms and it works great!
got some 4g wire on order and a pair of splitters
no pass through on these amps,
I use a lc1? to control the bass ,so I went with 3 ft so no extra lengths or connections to hassle with 
 
yeah I know I am going to need a better alt and my battery is fairly new but going to get a premium one
but I needed to make a little bass now!
 

 

SkarKicker2.JPG

Posted

ok so I put the 2nd jbl gtx in and 1000 watts in my old Taco is incredible!!  forget looking out the rear view its almost too much but .... nope its not!  

thanks for all the support you guys are great!

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 969 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...