Sonic Electronix

Are the skar evl subs any good cause me and my bro was having a conversation and the reason he says this sub is not good because of the the coils he said cause it aluminum the coils will burns and melt faster than other subs so I was wondering is the skar evl sub have copper coils or aluminum and which is better 

Both aluminum and copper coils have their respective advantages and disadvantages.  There are lots of VERY good subs that have aluminum coils, so that alone is not reason to think a sub is lower quality.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Have had my EVL 10 over a year now and still hits harder than ever with my recent amp upgrade. I Visited the D4S shop in Vegas and one of the employees there had nothing but great things to say about the EVL's. His system was legit with two Skar 15's, not sure what series they were though. 

I've heard some issues about unannounced changes to the board in their amps before. Some people would buy two with separate boards and the newer one would fry due to lower quality components? This was on their top line amps I do believe. Personally, I'm using the Skar RP1500.1 right now and absolutely love it. 

Archived