I Thought I Had Decided

i had decided on going with 3 fi q 18's and 1 sundown 3k amp on a 300amp alt and 2 batteries in back and 2 in front..but now im think i want 4 18's and if i go that way i will change the amp to 2 kicker zx 2500.1's now the money to do this will only be $640 more..but will my eletrical hold up with 2 2500 watt amps and a 3-400 watt 4 channel amp?

I would do like i did I have 13 batteries little overkill but nice. You could get duel stock alternators (lifetime warranty @zone) And with a module they will put out 300 amp all day long. Add two kinetic 2000 to hold the current. Instead of one alt trying to handle all the load an heats up quickly. This is a stable set up. I have two stock 140amp alts charging all 13 batteries no problems. I run 18,000 watts still stay above 14.5v. Im selling 2 ohio 240amp alts for a 2005 GM. I'll sell 1 alt with a module for $400 shipped. Hope this helps.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

I would do like i did I have 13 batteries little overkill but nice. You could get duel stock alternators (lifetime warranty @zone) And with a module they will put out 300 amp all day long. Add two kinetic 2000 to hold the current. Instead of one alt trying to handle all the load an heats up quickly. This is a stable set up. I have two stock 140amp alts charging all 13 batteries no problems. I run 18,000 watts still stay above 14.5v. Im selling 2 ohio 240amp alts for a 2005 GM. I'll sell 1 alt with a module for $400 shipped. Hope this helps.

MLA

i wanted to go dual alts but i heard it has to be dead on or it will be a nitemare for me..do you know where i can get a bracket for dual alts?

i wanted to go dual alts but i heard it has to be dead on or it will be a nitemare for me..do you know where i can get a bracket for dual alts?

We are tooling some duels right now. But I'm selling my duel alts and bracket $900. You would have the same set up as my hummer. If you run 2 you will need the module for sure mine was the reason we developed the module. When you try to splice in the 2nd alt plug your computer kicks out both alts and you get the battery not charging light. Plus the GM has a 80% charge 13.8v set point. The module gets you about 110% and 15v set point.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

We are tooling some duels right now. But I'm selling my duel alts and bracket $900. You would have the same set up as my hummer. If you run 2 you will need the module for sure mine was the reason we developed the module. When you try to splice in the 2nd alt plug your computer kicks out both alts and you get the battery not charging light. Plus the GM has a 80% charge 13.8v set point. The module gets you about 110% and 15v set point.

MLA

now would my audio shop know how to install this module or is it something that hasnt hit the streets yet?

MLA

any idea on which gms this applies to?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

now would my audio shop know how to install this module or is it something that hasnt hit the streets yet?

A&W, that module is so easy to install. It took me about 20 minutes and that was because I was paying more attention to my beer than installing the module. Also it takes longer to clean up the wiring then it does to hook the module up. Trust me....its worth it. The directions that MLA sends are so dead on that you'll have no worries.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques