power issues. 4 ohms runs a very clean signal with no power issues.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• 2 months later...

Pics added. Dash bezel came back from the paint shop.

Dash Bezel

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• 8 months later...

It's rebuild time! All the old gear has been taken out to make room for the new stuff. This build will be starting up in a few weeks. The new equipment is as follows:

Pioneer Premeir Avic F90BT

Kicker KS 5.25" coax in dash

Kicker SS 6" mids in doors

2 pairs of Kicker SS 6.5" Components

Kicker ZX 850.4

Kicker ZX 2500.1

Kicker Solo X 12 D4

Optima yellow top under hood

Kinetik HC800 in cab

Big 3 Upgrade

200 Amp alt.

I'll get build pics posted as soon as we get started.

dj2q.jpg

Wow, turned out lookin clean. Nice ride for sure.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

ChevyBoy

I didn't running @ 4 ohms. He was running CVR's. I didn't want to blow them apart. It sounded great @ 4 ohms with no power issues what so ever.

Also, the 220 amp alt actually idles @ 105 amps. 220 doens't mean anything sitting in a parking lot @ idle. If you are sitting in a parking lot @ idle & your alt is putting out 105 amps, how many amps do you think are actually going to your stereo system? 105? UMMMMMMM............Hell no! Your car uses about 60 amps to keep it's electrical system running. So if that S-10 is sitting in a parking lot @ idle with the system turned wide open, he would have 45 amps give or take dedicated to the stereo. To answer your question,

how did you have power issues with a 220 amp alt on a 1k watt amp?

, if you do the math, it's pretty easy.

Just use Ohms Law........ you do know ohms law, right?

Ohms law states that E (Volts) x I (Amps) = P (Watts)

So take E (Volts supplied to your system @ idle) 14.6 x I (Amps supplied to your stereo system) 45 = P (watts coming out of your amplifier) 657

That is roughly what a T1000 does @ 4 ohms. If you were to attempt to run this amp @ 1 ohm with this charging system, you would accomplish these 3 things in no particular order:

You would damage your battery

You would damage/possibly burn up your alternator

You would damage/overheat/possibly burn up your amplifier

I hope this answers your question.

dj2q.jpg

Out with the old:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And in with the new:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dj2q.jpg

He also bought a Kinetik HC800. We are currently looking for a bigger alternator or a dual bracket for this truck. It will have to be custom built because no one currently makes one.

Que Chevy Boy smartass comment.......3.....2.....1...

dj2q.jpg

Archived